From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] A little help for non-native English speakers
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 23:44:33
1 On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 20:34:04 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > > But its a bad habit which I will never get into!
4 > >
5 > > Couldn't you have said "…habit that I…" in the fact that you were
6 > > referencing a specific habit, not just a generic place holder?
7 >
8 > Nope. He said it's a bad habit. Then he said he'll never get into it.
9 > So 'which' was right; he was merely adding another thought, not
10 > limiting what he'd said before.
11
12 Actually, it was a deliberately poor sentence, in several ways -
13 channelling my inner Ernie Wise ;-)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "Everything takes longer than expected, even when you take
20 into account Hoffstead's Law." - Hoffstead's Law