From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: kde-apps/ksnapshot
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 18:25:57
1 On Saturday 16 Jul 2016 20:06:20 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I saw the following go past in the dev-list:
5 >
6 > # Johannes Huber <johu@g.o> (14 Jul 2016)
7 > # No longer released upstream. Use kde-apps/spectacle instead.
8 > # Masked for removal in 30 days.
9 > kde-apps/ksnapshot
10 >
11 > I understand ksnapshot can't be maintained for much longer and with kde4
12 > dependencies, it will need more then a little handholding.
13 >
14 > Does anyone have a decent replacement as spectacle is, in my opinion, not an
15 > equal replacement. More like a massive regression from a ease-of-use
16 > perspective.
17 >
18 > Many thanks,
19 >
20 > Joost
21
22 I am running spectacle-15.12.3 usually in Window, or Rectangle mode and I have
23 not come across any usability problems ...
24
25 What is it in particular that differs from Ksnapshot's functionality or
26 behaviour?
29 Regards,
30 Mick