From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to work with etc-updates.
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:17:45
1 On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:19:40 -0400, Sean Higgins wrote:
2
3 > > It exists as an option with dispatch-conf, as do options to
4 > > automatically replace files if the only differences are whitespace
5 > > and comments.
6 >
7 > But, it does not automatically do an update if the original file has
8 > not changed. That would be a cool feature. How often are files
9 > changed, for example in /etc/init.d, but you have not changed that
10 > file? I would love the option to automatically update any
11 > configuration file that I did not change from the original install.
12
13 No it does not do it automatically, that would be dangerous, You have to
14 enable the option first in /etc/dispatch-conf.conf
15
16 # Automerge files that the user hasn't modified
17 # (yes or no)
18 replace-unmodified=yes
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Guns don't kill people--it's those little pieces of lead.