From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Feeding new versions of mdadm to genkernel?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 04:52:29
1 On 02/04/2013 05:24 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 05/02/13 06:54, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> It seems that the genkernel team did the switcheroo with genkernel.
6 >>
7 >> I used to build an initramfs with a newer mdadm by putting:
8 >>
9 >> MDADM_VER="3.2.6"
10 >>
11 >> in genkernel.conf and copying the related tarball to /var/cache/genkernel.
12 >>
13 >> I discovered a bit of a problem, all that's been removed in the latest
14 >> genkernel, and I don't see any obvious notes or new config files. Anyone
15 >> know how to do this?
16 >>
17 >> Dan
18 >>
19 > I got caught with the busybox versions ... it seems if you put the older
20 > entries back it will work as it used to, at least it did for me.
21 >
22 > BillK
26 Well, all I had to do was put the MDADM_VER line back in (nothing else)
27 and it seems to work.
28
29 Thanks! I wish they'd let us know when they make changes like that...
30
31 Dan