From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 11:36:00
1 On Sunday 03 September 2006 01:53, Dale wrote:
2 > Well, I have a Canon camera and mine will not work like that either. I
3 > use gtkam to get my pictures and it works fine. May want to try that.
4 > I did run into permission problems at first. May want to try it as root
5 > if running it as user fails.
6
7 Same here. Recent Canons use the PTP protocol. You need to emerge libptp2 and use
8 ptpcam to see if it can find the camara. If that works, emerge gtkam or digiKam .
9 --
11 Robin Atwood
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list