From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:56:33
1 Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > On Sunday 03 September 2006 01:53, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, I have a Canon camera and mine will not work like that either. I
5 >> use gtkam to get my pictures and it works fine. May want to try that.
6 >> I did run into permission problems at first. May want to try it as root
7 >> if running it as user fails.
10 > Same here. Recent Canons use the PTP protocol. You need to emerge libptp2 and use
11 > ptpcam to see if it can find the camara. If that works, emerge gtkam or digiKam .
14 I wish I could get mine to see it as a drive. Then I could put pictures
15 on it as well as take them off. I have read where some even put files
16 on them too.
17
18 Dale
19