From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:00:18
1 On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:48:01 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I wish I could get mine to see it as a drive. Then I could put pictures
4 > on it as well as take them off. I have read where some even put files
5 > on them too.
6
7 Some cameras, including Canons, cannot be mounted as a drive, but that
8 doesn't stop you copying pictures to them. gphoto2 allows for upload as
9 well as download. You don't necessarily need libptp2 either, despite
10 previous comments, my EOS 20D works in PTP mode without libptp2. It's not
11 listed in gphoto2 --list-cameras, but that doesn't matter for PTP.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 It's not a bug, it's tradition!