From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 02:12:41
1 On 10:54 am 09/04/06 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:48:01 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > > I wish I could get mine to see it as a drive. Then I could put
5 > > pictures on it as well as take them off. I have read where some
6 > > even put files on them too.
7 >
8 > Some cameras, including Canons, cannot be mounted as a drive, but that
9 > doesn't stop you copying pictures to them. gphoto2 allows for upload
10 > as well as download. You don't necessarily need libptp2 either,
11 > despite previous comments, my EOS 20D works in PTP mode without
12 > libptp2. It's not listed in gphoto2 --list-cameras, but that doesn't
13 > matter for PTP.
16 > --
17 > Neil Bothwick
18 >
19 > It's not a bug, it's tradition!
20
21 By the look of this you may be able to mount a gphoto2 compatible camera
22 soon:
23
24 http://www.gphoto.org/proj/gphotofs/
25
26 FUSE seems to be making a file system of everything. I expect to be
27 mkdiring, ls'ing and rm'ing on my lawnmower soon.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list