From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New To Gentoo and Emerge, No ACPI in Kernel
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:15:05
1 > I'm very very new to Gentoo. I managed to squeak through a install
2 > from the live CD, however, this gave me a kernel with little or no
3 > ACPI support - I have a laptop, so I'd like to have this support
4 > enabled.
5 >
6 > However, I don't know how to rebuild the kernel, or do so enabling
7 > ACPI support. I only know a few precious things about emerge, like
8 > --sync, --search, and even --help, but beyond that I'm not that good
9 > at all, and the man pages didn't offer much help for me.
10
11 There's a chapter on kernel config in Gentoo handbook:
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
13
14 If LiveCD kernel works for you,
15 you may use its config as a starting point for your custom kernel.
16
17 There's a couple of articles on Gentoo wiki which may be helpful:
18 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Index:HOWTO#ACPI_.26_APM
19
20 HTH,
21 Sasha