From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Immensely disappointed in emerge -DuN world these days
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:35:07
1 On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 18:06 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Sorry. I should have started that a number of the failures have come
4 > while doing revdep-rebuild. One seemingly large problem is that
5 > revdep-rebuild wants to rebuild packages that are no longer in portage
6 > so you have to remove those from the rebuild or attempt to change
7 > revision numbers by hand on the fly in the long command that
8 > revdep-rebuild -p creates. That's been a mess and not the way I know
9 > the portage developers want me to maintain the system.
10
11 -X, -X, again I say -X!
12
13 with ~x86 revdep-rebuild, this behaviour is default, but most likely
14 with your revdep-rebuild, you can specify -X to get the latest version
15 of the packages. Otherwise it will try and use the currently installed
16 version, which isn't what you want when in the middle of a large
17 upgrade!
18
19 HTH,
23 Order and simplification are the first steps toward mastery of a subject
24 -- the actual enemy is the unknown.
25 -- Thomas Mann
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list