From: bzk0711@×××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xrandr: Intel G965 and HDTV woes
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:08:07
1 On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:47:12 +0100
2 Bob <ftoomch@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > ...
5 > # xrandr -display :0
6 > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
7 > Xlib: No protocol specified
8 >
9 > Can't open display :0
12 > I'm guessing this requires me to somehow open access to the X server.
13 >
14 > I set 'DisallowTCP=false' in /etc/X11/gdm/custom.conf in the
15 > [security] section and restarted gdm but that didn't seem to do
16 > anything.
17 >
18 > What else can I try to get xrandr to let me change the resolution for
19 > a xserver that can't be seen?
22 Have a look at xhost.
23 You can manage the access to your xserver on a per-host basis. "xhost
24 +" will just allow any host to connect (which is of course insecure,
25 depending on your environment!).
26
27 Regards,
28 Patric