From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Remove redundant entries in "world" - howto
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 18:20:08
1 On 12/08/10 17:11:58, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > I have a script I used to locate "redudancies" in the world file. It
3 > requires gentoolkit. It basically looks at packages in world that
4 > have
5 > reverse dependencies also in world (but only goes one level deep).
6 > Just
7 >
8 > # auditworld < /var/lib/portage/world
9 >
10 > http://paste.pocoo.org/show/302273/
11
12 Many thanks, I've updated it a bit to generate a new world
13 file (using python3)
14 http://paste.pocoo.org/show/302337/
15 One should have a look at the diffs (e.g. meld) before replacing
16 the old world file.
17
18 Helmut.