From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hacked by association?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:02:37
1 > > > I recognize everything in 'ps -ef' I think, but I've never really used
2 > > > netstat before. Under "Active Internet connections" I don't
3 > > > recognize:
4 > > >
5 > > > tcp localhost:10030
6 > > > tcp *:snpp
7 > >
8 > > Also, snpp is for pagers:
9 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Network_Paging_Protocol
10 >
11 > With netstat -lp it looks like *:snpp is associated with apache2 and
12 > is using the same pid as *:http and *:https. I've never set up
13 > anything having to do with a pager. I've never had a pager. What can
14 > I do to investigate that further?
15
16 This snpp pager thing is the weirdest thing I've found. It sounds
17 like the kind of thing I would know if I set up. Someone has some
18 kind of pager alert installed on my system?
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list