From: Matthew Finkel <Matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/src/linux gone
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:30:17
1 2011/3/12 Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
2
3 > on 03/12/2011 02:11 PM sean wrote the following:
4 > > I su'd in the terminal, started the updates, and as mentioned
5 > > eventually saw the nvidia-drivers complaining about not finding a
6 > .config.
7 > Not finding a .config is an indication that the kernel source may have
8 > never been touched (configured) so all files (including the directory)
9 > might be removed by an emerge --depclean.
10 > > That is what led me to discover the missing directory.
11 > > I update the system regularly.
12 >
13 > But if this was a pre-existing build, he should have had numerous kernels
14 configured, unless he removed/moved the config each time he upgraded.
15
16 Sean,
17
18 Two questions. I don't think you ever replied as to whether /usr/src is a
19 mounted partition, is it? Also, did you have multiple kernels emerged into
20 different slots before this happened? if so, does portage still think
21 they're installed?