From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re:: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge --sync source
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 17:19:51
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote :
2
3 > I can't recall the OP mentioning corrupt data, which is
4 > usually the first thing observed with faulty memory.
5
6 I did, actually, last Friday. Numbers of files in the portage tree suddenly changed owner (or group), and when I fixed that git complained that my numerous local changes would be lost and refused to sync. Of course I hadn't made any local changes.
7
8 I've just ordered a new SSD; let's see how that goes. It's twice the size of the current one, so when it wears itself out I can move all the partitions to a new part of the disk and get a second life out of it.
9
10 Thanks all for helpful contributions.
13 Regards,
14 Peter.