From: "Sergey A. Kobzar" <tod.zullu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Cannot boot 2.6.21-gentoo-r4
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:28:45
1 Hi Billy,
2
3 Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 3:20:06 PM, you wrote:
4
5 > Hi Mick. From what I understand, using oldconfig for major
6 > version changes (.20 -> .21) is a bad idea. Here's what I did. It
7 > may be slow and stupid but it worked like a charm.
8
9 > Open two root terminals and navigate one to /usr/src/linux (which
10 > should be symlinked to your new sources) and navigate the other to
11 > /usr/src/linux-2.6.20-gentoo-r8.
12
13 > Run make menuconfig in both terminals. The root terminal that is
14 > in /usr/src/linux- 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 will display your config for
15 > your old kernel. You'll be able to compare your old configuration
16 > to the new one graphically by simply comparing the menus in the root
17 > terminals that you have side by side. Well, I used a new tab within
18 > xterm, same thing I guess.
19
20 > LIke I said, maybe slow and stupid, but it worksforme.
23 Hmm, I thought 'make oldconfig' does same things.
24 Am I wrong?
27 > Billy Wayne
30 Sergey
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list