From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] activating swap by udev event
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:22:24
1 On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:59:43 -0700, Bill Longman wrote:
2
3 > > that's good if I want to mount at a specific location, but for swap I
4 > > need the device name, but this is changes depending on how many other
5 > > usb drives are connected. Looks lik this is a tricky question :)
6 >
7 > No, you don't *NEED* the device name to mount swap, you can use a UUID
8 > or a filesystem label:
9
10 You have the device name in a UDEV rule, it is /dev/%k.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 deja noo - reminds you of the last time you visited Scotland