From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch from gnome/systemd to xfce/openrc borked my system
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:52:19
1 Hello,
2
3 On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
4 [..]
5 >During the emerge I had to hard reset the system [3] which obviously did not
6 >boot so I found a PCLinuxOS live cd from 2014 and managed to chroot into the
7 >partially updated system. I resumed the emerge successfully, unmerged gnome
8 >and dependencies (this almost took more than building Xfce...), rebuilt the
9 >kernel with the init system set to OpenRC (make && make install),
10
11 Did you also install the modules? (make modules_install)
12 Did you update the initrd?
13
14 Why not use 'genkernel'? The default-config should work in your case,
15 but you might look at the config anyway (/etc/genkernel.conf), e.g. at
16 the BOOTLOADER variable. Then 'cd' to your kernel-sources-dir and run
17 'genkernel --kerneldir=. all'.
18
19 HTH,
20 -dnh
23 You know, I found myself right where I left me...