From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: removing X
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:26:51
1 Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 2007-12-24, reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm attempting to remove X from a former desktop machine now
6 >> going to see action as a semi-DMZ.
7 >
8 > That sounds like a lot of work. My guess is that it would be a
9 > faster and easier to wipe the disk and install from scratch.
10
11 I would have done that without hesitation had it not been for the fact
12 that this installation is a vm guest on winXP and I had a heck of a
13 time getting it to work with gentoo.
14
15 But as it turned out it wasn't all that hard. Mainly because it was
16 kind of a basic installation even though it had X and KDE desktop.
17
18 The fact that emerge can swallow giant size lists of stuff to
19 uninstall was a big bonus. I didn't go over 86 on cmdline and just
20 settled for doing it multiple times, but I think it would have
21 swallowed more if I had.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list