From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 doesn't heed hal keyboard settings
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:55:54
1 Am Donnerstag, 25. März 2010 schrieb Crístian Viana:
2 > I have the same problem as you have (but I need a pt_BR keyboard layout
3 > instead of de). I can't get it work with KDE 4 and Xorg/HAL, so my solution
4 > was to emerge xorg-server with USE flag "hal" disabled :-)
5
6 I found the solution (at least for me, though it’s possible that it is your
7 cause as well, I don’t really think it is).
8
9 In my old system I had ibus installed so I could (theoretically) input
10 Chinese, Japanese and the likes. I can’t read or write either of those, I only
11 installed it for the unlikely case that a person who does wants to use my
12 computer. So I didn’t install it again, but I still had the necessary
13 environment variables set (XMODIFIERS, QT_IM_MODULE, GTK_MODULE). By removing
14 them from my environment, all is fine again. :-)
15 --
16 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
17 Ladies fist, James Last.