From: "Hemmann
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] escape from hell: kdelibs
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:17:13
1 On Sunday 02 July 2006 14:47, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > First, no criticism of Gentoo's hardworking devs intended or implied.
3 >
4 > I thought I'ld try GCC 4.1.1, Glibc 2.4 & update to KDE 3.5.3 .
5 > They're all still "testing", but we do have some responsibility to test,
6 > & they've been there for a while without reports of painful experiences.
7 >
8 > Having dealt with GCC & Glibc according to the docs,
9 > I tried to compile Kdelibs 3.5.3 & got a long series of "can't find" msgs
10 > followed by failure: there are a number of similar reports in the Forum.
11 > Flameyes seems to give the authoritative response at Forum 060602 0917 :
14 and what does kdelibs not find?
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list