From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed raid
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:04:49
1 On 9/23/06, Jesper Fruergaard Andersen <gentoo@×××.dk> wrote:
2 > looked around but cannot find any information about if or how this can be
3 > fixed. Is it possible to fix the superblock or force it in some way. I
4 > guess maybe they may be out of sync so the filesystem could be invalid if
5 > forced to start anyway.
6
7 I *think* this will work. Or it might permanently trash your data.
8 Unfortunately I don't have access to any raid arrays to test with atm.
9 :-(
10
11 Take a look at one of the good superblocks with mdadm --examine. That
12 should give you an idea of what options to give to create. You'll
13 want to make sure you use the same layout, chunksize, etc...
14
15 You should then be able to recreate the array with mdadm --create
16 --assume-clean, and get access to your filesystem and data.
17
18 Check "man mdadm" for more details...
19
20 Good luck. :-(
21
22 -Richard