From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2017 17:42:50
1 On 2017-11-04 01:39, Kai Peter wrote:
2
3 > > If you want to run a monthly job on a host that is not always on, do
4 > > you have to pretend it's an hourly job and check in the script
5 > > itself?
6 >
7 > This is a special case to me. IMHO special cases have to be handled
8 > special or much better: avoid it.
9
10 Sorry, I don't get this. How do you avoid this situation? By not
11 having any monthly jobs?
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.