From: Kai Peter <kp@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 14:28:51
1 On 2017-11-04 18:42, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > On 2017-11-04 01:39, Kai Peter wrote:
7 >> > If you want to run a monthly job on a host that is not always on, do
8
9 >> > you have to pretend it's an hourly job and check in the script
10
11 >> > itself?
15 >> This is a special case to me. IMHO special cases have to be handled
16
17 >> special or much better: avoid it.
21 > Sorry, I don't get this. How do you avoid this situation? By not
22
23 > having any monthly jobs?
24
25 No, monthly jobs are fine, but you mentioned a special case as the host
26
27 is may be off at that time. Perhaps you can do: run all jobs which
28
29 didn't run because the host was off at next startup once. fcron has such
30
31 an option. Depending on the exact situation it could require additional
32
33 configuration/checks.
37 The decision what have to be done MUST be made by the user/sysadmin
38
39 first. Than you can do the config to reach your goal. But that does go
40
41 to far now.
47 Sent with eQmail-1.10