From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] error loading several modules (at boot)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:23:26
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:30:22 +0200 (MEST)
4 "dini mamma" <anquijix@×××.net> wrote:
5
6 > I got the problem, that several modules couldnt be loaded at boot. some of
7 > them are filesystems (xfs,jfs,ntfs). and some device drivers (aic7xxx,
8 > 3c59x).. But why?
9 > At least the device drivers should work. I compiled these ones, that have
10 > been loaded with the livecd.
11 > I cant imagine, what happens. This error occurs too, when i only load the
12 > modules as modules [M].
13
14 Don't know exactly what you are speaking of, esp. last sentence.
15 possible explanations:
16 - you've compiled the drivers statically into the kernel rather than
17 modules (that's how I interpret that talking about "[M]"...), then
18 there's no module to load,
19 - you haven't installed modules (did you compile manually? did you run
20 "make modules_install"?)
21 - the modules don't load because hardware cannot be found
22
23 What happens if you manually modprobe those modules? What's the error
24 being shown then?
27 -hwh
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list