From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB v2
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:20:36
1 On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 02:28:53 AM Dale wrote:
2 > Joost Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Monday, August 15, 2011 09:23:44 PM Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > >> On Monday 15 August 2011 19:38:49 Dale wrote:
5 > >>> J. Roeleveld wrote:
6 > >>>> You're welcome, my Gentoo-user archive goes back to 2004 :)
7 > >>>
8 > >>> Mine goes back a year. Gentoo moves so fast, I figure a year should
9 > >>> be
10 > >>> more than plenty. Maybe I need to rethink that a little. I could
11 > >>> be
12 > >>> wrong. :/
13 > >>
14 > >> I've just raised the expiry period on my GentooUser folder to 365 days
15 > >> so as not to be caught out this way again.
16 > >
17 > > Where do you set that?
18 > >
19 > > --
20 > > Joost
21 >
22 > Depends on what email program you use. I use Seamonkey for mine but a
23 > friend showed me mutt the other day. I need to ask him if I can be
24 > nosey and look at it closer to see how it works. I was several feet
25 > away at the time. It was threaded tho. I love my threading feature. ;-)
26 >
27 > If you use Seamonkey, right click on the folder that the emails go to.
28 > Select properties and then the retention tab in the pop up. Just click
29 > on the correct stuff and set it to how many days you want it kept. Some
30 > other programs may have something similar tho.
31
32 I use KMail to an IMAP server and as I am a digital pack-rat, I hardly ever
33 delete anything. :)
34 Only time I will delete any email or documents is when it's either duplicated
35 or covered by a confidentiality agreement. :)
38 Joost