From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB v2
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:02:10
1 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 02:28:53 AM Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Joost Roeleveld wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Monday, August 15, 2011 09:23:44 PM Peter Humphrey wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> On Monday 15 August 2011 19:38:49 Dale wrote:
9 >>>>
10 >>>>> J. Roeleveld wrote:
11 >>>>>
12 >>>>>> You're welcome, my Gentoo-user archive goes back to 2004 :)
13 >>>>>>
14 >>>>> Mine goes back a year. Gentoo moves so fast, I figure a year should
15 >>>>> be
16 >>>>> more than plenty. Maybe I need to rethink that a little. I could
17 >>>>> be
18 >>>>> wrong. :/
19 >>>>>
20 >>>> I've just raised the expiry period on my GentooUser folder to 365 days
21 >>>> so as not to be caught out this way again.
22 >>>>
23 >>> Where do you set that?
24 >>>
25 >>> --
26 >>> Joost
27 >>>
28 >> Depends on what email program you use. I use Seamonkey for mine but a
29 >> friend showed me mutt the other day. I need to ask him if I can be
30 >> nosey and look at it closer to see how it works. I was several feet
31 >> away at the time. It was threaded tho. I love my threading feature. ;-)
32 >>
33 >> If you use Seamonkey, right click on the folder that the emails go to.
34 >> Select properties and then the retention tab in the pop up. Just click
35 >> on the correct stuff and set it to how many days you want it kept. Some
36 >> other programs may have something similar tho.
37 >>
38 > I use KMail to an IMAP server and as I am a digital pack-rat, I hardly ever
39 > delete anything. :)
40 > Only time I will delete any email or documents is when it's either duplicated
41 > or covered by a confidentiality agreement. :)
42 >
43 > --
44 > Joost
48 I used to use Kmail. There is a way to set it to delete things but I
49 thought it was set to retain everything until set to delete. Basically,
50 the default is to keep it all until told otherwise. Maybe IMAP is
51 handled differently tho since it is set up on the server end.
52
53 Dale
54