From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multi monitor in KDE - remember window placement as default for all windows?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 18:23:42
1 On 02/12/18 01:20, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 20:04:27 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >
4 >> After a little bit of fiddling around, I found out you can get an
5 >> application window to remember its size and position (which is great,
6 >> at least the option is there.)
7 >>
8 >> Not so nice is that I have to tell every new window I open (well, the
9 >> ones that open all over the place) to remember their settings.
10 >>
11 >> Is there a way to make this a global change for all windows? This is
12 >> getting irritating.
13 >
14 > In System Settings -> Display and Monitor you can set the primary
15 > display. Windows without a saved preference should be opened on this
16 > display. Is that what you need?
20 Yes, that's better. I think it was looking random before as it was
21 trying to open new windows on the portrait monitor and not fitting... so
22 it would spread across both.
23
24 Dan