From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -e system - output info/errors to log
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:40:57
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2010-04-18 11:38 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >> I must be missing something obvious...
5 >>
6 >> When updating gcc, and thus emerging -e both system and world, where are
7 >> the info/warn/errors logged? I see a whole bunch of separate/individual
8 >> logs ion /var/log/portage/elog, but what I'm looking for is a single,
9 >> easily readable log of all of the result info/warn/errors for each package.
10 >>
11 >> When emerging system, I saw some warnings when emerging openssl, but
12 >> they scrolled on by way too fast, and now I can't find them...
13 >>
14 > Oh - and this is a server, so no X, so no elogviewer...
18 Hmmm, no GUI. See if you can use this:
19
20 elogv
21
22 Which comes from here:
23
24 root@smoker ~ # equery belongs elogv
25 * Searching for elogv ...
26 app-portage/elogv-0.7.4 (/usr/bin/elogv)
27 root@smoker ~ #
28
29 I use that in a console when my GUI is not working for some reason.
30 Usually because nvidia needs to be recompiled because of a updated kernel.
31
32 It's not the prettiest thing but it should work.
33
34 Dale
35