From: Ted Miller <limaohio123-CompMailLists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tif libraries being ignored
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:12:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Ted Miller wrote:
3 > > Yes, I missed that, and it did the trick (after re-emerging 11
4 > > packages, including kde-libs).
5 > >
6 > > Where was it hidden, that I missed it? Or is it just one of those
7 > > things "you have to learn"? Seems like the tif package should add it,
8 > > or tell me to consider adding it, when the package is installed.
11 > Since you are new to Gentoo, use the -v and either -a or -p first.
12 What command do I use those with -- emerge, euse? So far I learned about
13 flags with equery.
14
15 Ted Miller
16 > It will show you what USE flags it will build with because of the -v. If
17 > you are not sure what they are, just do a euse -i <flag_name> and see
18 > what it says. Some make sense but some don't.
19 >
20 > I'm sure it is documented somewhere but I have just learned the steps in
21 > doing things over the years. Most of them the hard way but learned them
22 > still.
23 >
24 > Glad you got it working tho. It was all I could think of that would keep
25 > it from it.
26 >
27 > Dale
28 >