From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tif libraries being ignored
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 04:57:01
1 Ted Miller wrote:
2 > Yes, I missed that, and it did the trick (after re-emerging 11
3 > packages, including kde-libs).
4 >
5 > Where was it hidden, that I missed it? Or is it just one of those
6 > things "you have to learn"? Seems like the tif package should add it,
7 > or tell me to consider adding it, when the package is installed.
8 >
9 > Ted Miller
13 Since you are new to Gentoo, use the -v and either -a or -p first. It
14 will show you what USE flags it will build with because of the -v. If
15 you are not sure what they are, just do a euse -i <flag_name> and see
16 what it says. Some make sense but some don't.
17
18 I'm sure it is documented somewhere but I have just learned the steps in
19 doing things over the years. Most of them the hard way but learned them
20 still.
21
22 Glad you got it working tho. It was all I could think of that would
23 keep it from it.
24
25 Dale
26