From: Ted Miller <limaohio123-CompMailLists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tif libraries being ignored
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 04:29:52
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Ted Miller wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 > > Things work pretty well EXCEPT that the KDE based applications cannot
5 > > handle *.tif files. I have the media-libs/tiff package emerged, but
6 > > for some reason the KDE subsystem does not seem to be using it.
7 > > I have run
8 > > emerge --update --deep --newuse world
9 > > revdep-rebuild
10 > > with no improvement
11 > >
12 > > Any insight into what I need to do to get this working will be greatly
13 > > appreciated. Please be explicit (or include links to documentation)
14 > > if I have to do anything unusual, but I will be glad to send any
15 > > needed information to help you diagnose my problem.
16 > >
17 > > Ted Miller
18 > > Indiana, USA
19 >
20 > I would assume you have tiff in your USE line in make.conf?
21 [snip]
22 >
23 > Just in case you missed that little detail. ;-)
24 Yes, I missed that, and it did the trick (after re-emerging 11 packages,
25 including kde-libs).
26
27 Where was it hidden, that I missed it? Or is it just one of those things
28 "you have to learn"? Seems like the tif package should add it, or tell me
29 to consider adding it, when the package is installed.
30
31 Ted Miller