From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Windows Media Player
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:51:33
1 Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > Yep, you're right. Mplayer is a wonderful application, but a bit too delicate
3 > to use all the time. I experience the same "fail to shutdown" problem you
4 > have and in addition to that, after a video plays, I can click on the "open a
5 > file" button and it will crash... almost every time.
6
7 Personally, I prefer to skip the GTK interface and just use the standard
8 mplayer version, not gmplayer. I've mapped all the keys to my liking, so
9 I need nothing more :)
10
11 It's a great program, just looking forward to the day it gains a good
12 stable codebase :)
15 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
16 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
17 --
18 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b7 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
19 up 14:39, 3 users, load average: 0.71, 0.69, 0.46
20 --
21 "The important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion
22 itself."
23
24 ~ Gore Vidal
25 --