From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Switching AP from madwifi to ath5k
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:03:06
1 I've tried several times to switch from the madwifi wireless drivers
2 to the in-kernel ath5k. Since I'm up to 2.6.32, I'd like to give it
3 another try.
4
5 It looks like wlan0 is starting in master mode and my laptop is
6 connecting to it successfully. The problem is that shorewall won't
7 start (for NAT) because it says the loc zone is empty. The only
8 interface in the loc zone is wlan0, which is started by hostapd
9 instead of the net.wlan0 initscript. Shouldn't shorewall know wlan0
10 has started? It doesn't check the initscript, does it?
11
12 - Grant