From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU opinions...
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:40:48
1 On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 08:19:58AM -0700, Penguin Lover Tom Smith squawked:
2 > One other question... With Win4Lin, for example, one can start the
3 > Windows session in lieu of an X session--so all the user sees is
4 > Windows. My users will be accessing the server via VNC so this feature
5 > of Win4Lin works out pretty well. Does QEMU support anything like this
6 > or does it need to be run from within an X session?
7
8 According to the man pages (in the 0.7* releases. and I am writing
9 from memory, so not too sure), if you have framebuffer support, you
10 can run qemu from the commandline directly. But I have never been able
11 to get it to play well: something was wacky with my video
12 configuration that the qemu display would only show on the upper right
13 hand corner with 1/3 of the width of the screen and 2/3 the height of
14 the screen, which makes it look unpleasantly squashed.
15
16 W
17 --
18 "`You know,' said Arthur, `it's at times like this, when
19 I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse,
20 and about to die from asphyxiation in deep space that I
21 really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I
22 was young.'
23 `Why, what did she tell you?'
24 `I don't know, I didn't listen.'"
25
26 - Arthur coping with certain death as best as he could.
27 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 60 days, 9:55
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list