From: Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vcore unstable?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 06:28:40
1 On Sun, 27 May 2018 01:50:35 +0200 (CEST)
2 <mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > i have a machine i just put lm sensors etc. on.  xsensors shows
5 > "Vcore" fluctuating between 1.12 and 1.3v.  stays at 1.12V when
6 > idling but increases with load.  Is this remotely normal behavior for
7 > an athlon chip in a desk top?  It's either some sort of throttling or
8 > the Vcore power supply is failing, obviously i'd like to know which.
9 > If it's the power supply i can likely fix it if it needs to be
10 > fixed.  Also occurs to me that xsensors could be usefull tracking
11 > down intermittent issues.  I used it to monitor a power supply i
12 > wasn't sure about for about a week and it stayed nice.
13 >
14 > mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
15 > --
18 If you have cpu frequency scaling options enabled (in kernel[1]) and
19 Cool'n'Quiet[2] in BIOS, that should be normal.
20
21 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Power_management/Processor
22 [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool%27n%27Quiet