From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:38:40
1 On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:17:50 -0600
3 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Alan McKinnon
6 >> <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote: [snip]
7 >> > In trying to solve a general problem, Lennart has a knack for
8 >> > breaking Gentoo - this distro does not fit the general problems he
9 >> > works on.
10 >>
11 >> Oh, really? Didn't get the memo. I suppose all my machines (laptops,
12 >> desktops, servers and media center) running with Gentoo+systemd (and
13 >> what is more, *without* OpenRC) are a fidget of my imagination.
14 >>
15 >> Regards.
16 >
17 > Are you in discussion mode or pick a fight mode?
18 >
19 > I'm hoping it's the former.
20
21 Just in discussion mode. The statement "this distro does not fit the
22 general problems he [Poettering] works on" doesn't make much sense; I
23 thought Gentoo fitted basically everything the user wanted to.
24 Therefore, in particular fits the model set by the systemd/udev
25 developers.
26
27 Case in point: in my use cases, it fits. I just used sarcasm to refute
28 said statement.
29
30 Regards.
31 --