From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 20:27:10
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 21:48 on Wednesday 18 May 2011, Bill Longman
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On 05/18/2011 11:53 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Do you have an xorg.conf?
6 > >
7 > > I suspect X has correctly figured out what you have and then you turn
8 > > around and tell it something different. Whereupon it believes you.
9 >
10 > When I have NO xorg.conf file, KDE starts in clone mode. The 1280x1024
11 > LCD wins and the 1680x1050 gets that same resolution. Or worse still,
12 > the widescreen is disabled.
13 >
14 > I've gone into krandrtray and Systems Settings and, in 4.6 now, can save
15 > it as the default. It never does, or, if it really is saving defaults,
16 > it is ignored upon next KDE restart.
19 I have a 1920x1200 internal LCD and two different Samsungs (home & work), both
20 1920x1080. I do not have the issues you experience - everything works as it
21 should and has done so for many versions now, with both nvidia and nouveau
22 drivers.
23
24 This would be a good time to post actual configs.
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com