From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:50:33
1 On 05/18/2011 11:53 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Do you have an xorg.conf?
3 >
4 > I suspect X has correctly figured out what you have and then you turn around
5 > and tell it something different. Whereupon it believes you.
6
7 When I have NO xorg.conf file, KDE starts in clone mode. The 1280x1024
8 LCD wins and the 1680x1050 gets that same resolution. Or worse still,
9 the widescreen is disabled.
10
11 I've gone into krandrtray and Systems Settings and, in 4.6 now, can save
12 it as the default. It never does, or, if it really is saving defaults,
13 it is ignored upon next KDE restart.