From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:55:56
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 05:50 on Wednesday 18 May 2011, Bill Longman
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > I don't know if this is considered hijacking this thread or not but I have
5 > a similar issue getting my kde to remember its screen layout. Two screens
6 > with different resolutions and kde just will NOT remember what I tell it
7 > to do.
8 >
9 > Is there some secret X mojo I have to do to the X configuration files
10
11 Yes. Delete them.
15 > augment what kde knows about the display geometry? What's more annoying is
16 > that I have other machines that have no problem. What's the general
17 > consensus for configuring multiple heads? Just go with xorg.conf? Add
18 > Monitor sections in xorg.conf.d?
19
20 Do you have an xorg.conf?
21
22 I suspect X has correctly figured out what you have and then you turn around
23 and tell it something different. Whereupon it believes you.
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com