From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI Mobility TV-OUT
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 02:27:36
1 On 11:03 am 09/06/06 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > > > 7) Note that this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad when I
3 > > > > configure the machines to use the CRT output. I'm going to
4 > > > > investigatge buying some sort of VGA->S-Video or Composite
5 > > > > video converter. That may work better and not require all this
6 > > > crazy work.
7 > > > Check this out:
8 > > >
9 > > > http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp
10 > > >
11 > > > I'm going to get one of those.
12 > > >
13 > > > - Grant
14 > >
15 > > Yikes - At $129 it costs half of what this Myth frontend box ran
16 > > me! Too expensive for my application, but thanks.
17 >
18 > I'm a penny-pincher these days but I've decided to spring for this
19 > thing. I've done a side-by-side comparison and the image quality
20 > through a component connection is *a lot* nicer than through an
21 > s-video connection. This is how I'll view DVDs, cable TV, and all the
22 > UI stuff. Plus, there is zero driver hassle. It's $112 through the
23 > link above. The only thing better than this, as far as image quality,
24 > would be a straight VGA connection to an HDTV.
25 >
26 > - Grant
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
29
30 I am very pleased to have bought a hi def flat screen LCD TV with a VGA
31 input connector. It works just like a big monitor.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list