From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI Mobility TV-OUT
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 23:12:13
1 > > > 7) Note that this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad when I configure
2 > > > the machines to use the CRT output. I'm going to investigatge buying
3 > > > some sort of VGA->S-Video or Composite video converter. That may work
4 > > > better and not require all this crazy work.
5 > >
6 > > Check this out:
7 > >
8 > > http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp
9 > >
10 > > I'm going to get one of those.
11 > >
12 > > - Grant
13 >
14 > Yikes - At $129 it costs half of what this Myth frontend box ran me!
15 > Too expensive for my application, but thanks.
16
17 I'm a penny-pincher these days but I've decided to spring for this
18 thing. I've done a side-by-side comparison and the image quality
19 through a component connection is *a lot* nicer than through an
20 s-video connection. This is how I'll view DVDs, cable TV, and all the
21 UI stuff. Plus, there is zero driver hassle. It's $112 through the
22 link above. The only thing better than this, as far as image quality,
23 would be a straight VGA connection to an HDTV.
24
25 - Grant
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list