From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI Mobility TV-OUT
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:28:57
1 On 9/4/06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > 7) Note that this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad when I configure
3 > > the machines to use the CRT output. I'm going to investigatge buying
4 > > some sort of VGA->S-Video or Composite video converter. That may work
5 > > better and not require all this crazy work.
6 >
7 > Check this out:
8 >
9 > http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp
10 >
11 > I'm going to get one of those.
12 >
13 > - Grant
14
15 Yikes - At $129 it costs half of what this Myth frontend box ran me!
16 Too expensive for my application, but thanks.
17
18 NOTE: I used my machines last night and this morning with the 8.28.8
19 ati-driver. Tearing wasn't nearly as bad as with the 8.27 series.
20 However this driver also seems to be giving very low frame rates. Not
21 much fun to watch MythTV anymore. :-(
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark
25 --