From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI Mobility TV-OUT
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 05:15:31
1 On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 09:23 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 9/4/06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > > 7) Note that this doesn't seem to be nearly as bad when I configure
4 > > > the machines to use the CRT output. I'm going to investigatge buying
5 > > > some sort of VGA->S-Video or Composite video converter. That may work
6 > > > better and not require all this crazy work.
7 > >
8 > > Check this out:
9 > >
10 > > http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp
11 > >
12 > > I'm going to get one of those.
13 > >
14 > > - Grant
15 >
16 > Yikes - At $129 it costs half of what this Myth frontend box ran me!
17 > Too expensive for my application, but thanks.
18 >
19 > NOTE: I used my machines last night and this morning with the 8.28.8
20 > ati-driver. Tearing wasn't nearly as bad as with the 8.27 series.
21 > However this driver also seems to be giving very low frame rates. Not
22 > much fun to watch MythTV anymore. :-(
23 >
24 > Cheers,
25 > Mark
26
27 Frequent updating of myth machines is a mistake in my humble experience.
28 get it right, then stop!
29
30 For this reason i moved from gentoo to knoppmyth for my myth box. Never
31 been happier.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list