From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dropbox on xfce
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 18:29:24
1 Am Fri, 24 May 2013 20:03:01 +0200
2 schrieb Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>:
3
4 > On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 01:15:53PM -0300, Penguin Lover luis jure squawked:
5 > > and what about /etc/init.d/dropbox, should i start the service?
6 > >
7 > > i also noticed that there's a file /etc/conf.d/dropbox, i had to add my
8 > > use to DROPBOX_USERS, otherwise there where errors when i tried to launch
9 > > dropbox.
10 > >
11 > > excuse all the questions, but as you see it's not working for me and i
12 > > don' have much clue what's wrong or how to solve this problem.
13 >
14 > Some time ago I downloaded a file dropbox.py from the forums which is
15 > a python script giving commandline interface to start/stop the dropbox
16 > daemon (among other things). It was/is distributed with
17 > nautilus-dropbox, but I didn't want to install the whole gnome
18 > shebang.
19 [...]
20
21 I believe that is available as net-misc/dropbox-cli. It's how I start/stop
22 dropbox here.
23
24 % dropbox-cli help
25 Dropbox command-line interface
26
27 commands:
28
29 Note: use dropbox help <command> to view usage for a specific command.
30
31 status get current status of the dropboxd
32 help provide help
33 puburl get public url of a file in your dropbox
34 stop stop dropboxd
35 running return whether dropbox is running
36 start start dropboxd
37 filestatus get current sync status of one or more files
38 ls list directory contents with current sync status
39 autostart automatically start dropbox at login
40 exclude ignores/excludes a directory from syncing
41 lansync enables or disables LAN sync
44 Marc Joliet
45 --
46 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
47 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup