From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server + gentoo kernel 2.6.28 - compiling problem
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:40:17
1 2008. 12. 30, kedd keltezéssel 16.28-kor Paul Hartman ezt írta:
2
3 > I don't know your specific needs when it comes to scanning, but a few
4 > years ago (2005) I got an Epson Perfection 2400 on eBay for about $15
5 > USD. It is USB and has worked great with Gentoo (media-gfx/iscan)...
6 > Epson seems to have an active Linux driver development team with
7 > releases usually every month, and you can check their website for
8 > recently added scanners to the supported list. I have not used any
9 > other scanner in Linux, but so far I am perfectly happy with this
10 > Epson (especially for $15).
11 >
12 > http://avasys.jp/english/linux_e/
13 >
14 > Regards,
15 > Paul
18 Hi Paul,
19
20 You are right :)
21 After I sent the email, I realized, on ebay I can find scanners :)
22
23 Anyway, I have no special needs. I guess, all flatbed scanners do the
24 same job. I do not really understand, why to manufacture >1000000000
25 kind of flatbed scanners......
26
27 Cheers,
28 István