From: Robin Atwood <robin@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5: no desktop
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 15:37:16
1 On Saturday 07 January 2017, Dale wrote:
2 > When I did my upgrade a long time ago, I had a similar issue. There is
3 > a menu to select which part of KDE you want to login to. I can't recall
4 > the names or even which one is the correct one for sure but think it is
5 > the one with plasma in it. I think the default is some other one which
6 > didn't work for me at least, wayland comes to mind for some reason.
7 > Anyway, on the login screen, check that drop down and try a different
8 > one. It may not be the problem but at least it would eliminate it. On
9 > mine, it is in the upper left but yours could be different. It's the
10 > same place you would select Gnome or some other desktop if you have them
11 > installed.
12 >
13 > May not help but worth a try I guess. ;-)
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
17 > :-) :-)
18
19 Thanks, Dale, but I have tried all the session settings. Plasma is the one for
20 standard KDE5 and that's the one that gets the black desktop.
21
22 Robin
23 --
25 Robin Atwood.
26
27 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
28 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
29 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
41 This message has been scanned for viruses and
42 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
43 believed to be clean.