From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about bird init script
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:46:02
1 On 3/5/19 11:24 AM, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 >
3 > The client doesn’t care about the configuration file, only about the
4 > socket.
5
6 Oh, sorry, I was reading the wrong part of the man page.
7
8 It looks like you *can* specify which config file to check, but in a
9 different way:
10
11 configure check ["config file"]
12
13 Read and parse given config file, but do not use it. useful for
14 checking syntactic and some semantic validity of an config file.
15
16 So you'd want something like "configure check ${CONF_FILE}" I guess.
17 That way if you ever have two instances of bird running, reloading the
18 second instance won't check the config file for the first instance.
19
20 And "-r" was a good idea.