From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to properly change CFLAGS ?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:23:35
1 On Tuesday 22 August 2006 23:04, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 8/22/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > On 8/22/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
4 > > > Am I correct that the revdep-rebuild step is redundant if you don't
5 > > > need any C++ apps for the next 48 hours (assuming the emerge -e world
6 > > > completes successfully)?
7 > >
8 > > Yep.
9 >
10 > Oh, except that you can prune old gcc versions in that case until
11 > *after* the emerge -e world completes. Just eliminating the
12 > revdep-rebuild step from what I posted would be bad...very bad.
13
14 Now I'm confused.. ;) Would pruning the old gcc before running emerge -e world
15 break anything that's isn't a C++ app? If no C++ apps are needed until
16 emerge -e world has completed why is it bad then? I know that running e.g.
17 KDE after pruning it would be... ehm.. problematic... But other than that?
20 Bo Andresen