From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] networkmanager stopped working after upgrade
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:37:23
1 2009/7/7 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2 > On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 12:58:23 +0000, Pupino wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello everybody, i've made a system upgrade and networkmanager stopped
5 >> working (or at least i think that's the problem). I use wicd to
6 >> connect to my wireless ap and now it hangs on telling "validating
7 >> authentication". The packages involved in the upgrade that might be
8 >> responsible (imho) are: networkmanager, dbus and policykit.
9 >
10 > Wicd is a replacement for networkmanager, you shouldn't be trying to run
11 > both at the same time.
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > Aibohphobia: an irrational fear of palindromes.
20 Good to know, i tought wicd was just a gui to networkmanager, just
21 like nm-applet or knetworkmanager.
22 Understood that i got rid of NM and messed a bit with wicd and after
23 deleting the config files and reconfiguring all, now it's working.
24 Thanks for the help Neil.